*** edit: this post was taken down during our in-country process for safety and security issues. Therefore the date published shows the date I am republishing
WE HAVE A COURT DATE.
IN EXACTLY THREE WEEKS.
WE LEAVE IN (almost) TWO WEEKS.
- there was another family scheduled (with the same attorney/agency/judge) for the same date we now have for our court date. Their child's case wasn't going to be ready, and the attorney for "J's" case, asked if her new family's paperwork was ready (that's us!), to take this date.
* Remember, her case had already been submitted to the courts several times, her document collection, investigation, witness testimony, court paperwork, had already been DONE, long ago! They were just waiting on us to get our paperwork in!!
I promise you, I gathered documents for our updated dossier, in what HAD TO BE record timing. ;)
Because the agency told him YES, we had our paperwork ready.
Then the agency called us, and asked what we thought, could we make that work, on rather short notice?
WE SAID YES!!!!!!!!!(before she even finished asking the question, of course. ;) ha! I see a trend of saying 'yes'!)
We were SO NOT expecting a court date until January at the VERY (very!) earliest, more likely, in February. November 13th? THIS WAS/IS AMAZING!!!!!!
I mean, I was totally praying for a miracle for a court date before the end of the year. But I also knew the REALITY of that. I actually was asking God, "Lord, I'd even be ok with one of those crazy scenerios where families find out with little to no advance timing! Really! I would be!" HA!
AND HERE WE ARE!!!!
Within an hour of finding this out, we had tickets on hold, then purchased, family/friends for Carver and Macy lined up while we're gone, and a packing list started! Woo!
HIS HAND IS CLEARLY ALL OVER THIS.
REDEEMING HER STORY.
THANK YOU, LORD!
THANK YOU, LORD!
We get to see "J" in less than 20 days! Hallelujah! :)
Please pray that this judge will see us as scheduled. We are taking a huge leap in faith leaving and knowing this judge really only adheres to his schedule and mood (he's known for saying you have a court hearing at say, 10am, shows up at 2:00pm, sees you at 6-7:00pm or later or not at all.)
I'm terrified we will fly there and he won't see us. :( please pray with us. Please pray that God will provide for all of these expenses. We are truly walking by faith with this adoption but fully know this is what God's will is for us, and are saying yes over and over without knowing the next step/the final step. Ah! We are praying he allows ALL of the pieces to fall into place and that His favor would be upon us and provide in miraculous ways.
HOW LONG WILL WE BE GONE:
We are only going to UG for one week. This new judge we have is known to take his
sweet time to give a ruling....being that we have had zero time to fundraise/money set aside for this adoption like we did before, we just can't afford to have me there paying for lodging, travel, food, etc, leave Carver and Macy in the care of family and friends that long, and we ALSO have Carver and Macy's court date to finalize their adoption, here in the US. Goodness gracious.
WHILE WE WAIT:
While the judge writes the ruling/makes his decision, we'll enjoy the last couple weeks of our family of four, Thanksgiving with family, and the vacation Beau had planned for us long before we knew we were adopting again. The ultimate baby moon I guess. (oh man.)
AHopefully after those few weeks, we'll find out the judge's decsion, and I'll head back in December and remain there with "J", until the process is finished. Most likely, into January. (please, don't even remind me I'll be missing C&M's first Christmas aka MY ALL TIME FAVORITE TIME OF THE YEAR, obsessively favorite. I won't be mad if you start praying for my heart now.) it really is the most wonderful time of the year. Beau said he will leave the Christmas lights on the house and on, until we come home - and have a belated Christmas as a family of 5. :)