Monday, May 16, 2011

REWIND to APRIL!

Oh blogger family, have I lost you? Man, I've failed miserably at this blogging thing...on the upside- I didn't fail anyyyyyy of my classes this semester!!! WOOOO! Which is amazing considering the way the month of APRIL WENT and what it brought! SO MANY AWESOME DISTRACTIONS from school! (disclaimer: I have never failed a class in my life, so by claiming that I didn't do that this semester, isn't implying that I have before haaha)

YES, I know it's the month of May, and not for very much longer when I glance ahead at my to-do list of the next few weeks before leaving for Africa. GOODNESS gracious! Anyway, to get my blogging ball bouncing- I'll post a few pictures and a video to sum up the month of April.....details to follow this week. (Promise, I'll get better before my 6-week leave to Malawi and have lots to share upon my return!)

So for starters,
1.) My (then boyfriend) Beau- decided to take the step in obedience in getting BAPTIZED! Here is his video I took! WOOO! Praise the Lord to know this is the result of CHRIST changing HIS LIFE!

2.) Then we spent an awesome weekend of decorating 'spring' cookies with some pretty little ladies that live next door to my parents aka super great friends of ours...their mom and dad are Beau & I's 'mentor couple' that we hang out with to just do life with and be pour into by them as a Christ-like marriage example. They're awesome! So Syd and Mya came over for some cookie decorating and a Tangled party/sleepover!!
party favors!
they didn't mind my lack of baking skills- and decorated the heck outta those cookies!

1 queen bed + 1 twin matress = awesome sleepover!


3.) Easter weekend we had a fantastic Sunday afternoon with family, food, an Easter egg hunt (compliments of my dad), and a fun walk around H-town!
clearly BEFORE the egg hunt started!
made a pit-stop at the park to swing!

4.) Then came one of my days off from a long day of classes, work, meetings, and church activities- so Beau and I planned to hang out that day. He'd been wanting to go on a picnic for some time now so we grabbed some Panera-to-go (our faaave place to eat) and headed to a park in Ames for our version of a picnic!
yep, here we are- haha we're really flashy, can't ya tell?

THEN......
I know, I know, this is an AWFUL picture, but the "black box" effect is what I'm looking for here....because Mr. Beau whipped this pretty little thing out in the middle of our picnic!!!!
So YOU GUESSED it! We're ENGAGED. I'M ENGAGED TO THE ABSOLUTE LOVE OF MY LIFE, MY BEST FRIEND, A MAN OF GOD, THE MAN OF MY DREAMS, 
THE ONE 
THE ONLY
BEAU BRADLEY CHRISTIANSEN!! 
and I COULDN'T BE MORE HAPPY!


SO, the calls were made, the guest list has been compiled, the details discussed, and wedding planning is under way! I only have a few weeks of planning the major things before leaving for Malawi, but details of how he popped the question will come later, as well as more Africa tidbits, and what May
has brought so far! 

For now, I'm giving thanks to Jesus for ALL THAT HE HAS BLESSED ME WITH in the wonderful month of April that will no doubt continue for the rest of my life....I am so undeserving of his love, mercy, and blessings....thank you Jesus!

1 comment:

Jon and Nicole Sage said...

tears down my cheeks right now. SO THANKFUL FOR YOU TWO and the amazing relationship that is growing tenfolds everyday. Looking back three years from now I never thought our lives would be the way they are today and I'm so thankful for the path both of our lives have taken together Kendra Sue Brekke. You're an amazing friend!! I love you