Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Twenty Thirteen

It's January 1, 2013- HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Now, I don't particularly get all excited about the New Year, it's not a huge honkin deal to me. Mostly because we're twelve months away from my favorite holiday all of a sudden. I'm the most impatient person you will EVER meet in your life. I like things/results/events to happen NOW. Like stat. LIke PRONTO. Life isn't like that. Poo.

I also don't get super into the whole "resolution" thing either. Let's be real, how often do the majority of resolution setters follow through past January 2nd? Okay, or February if you're really bold? ;) Plus, I'm terrible at coming up with resolutions- what DOESN'T need growth, improvement, or renewal in my life? How can you then, pick ONE thing or even TWO to work on? Seriously.

However, with inspiration from others and a few things that have been swimming around in my head, I'll give it a go.
** I'm a list person, can you tell by my last two posts?

  1. Hitting the gym 4 times a week. I'm going to start with for a solid two months. I need to take it slow, a goal I can reach and then reevaluate and keep going. I'm already "back in the gym" the last month, but we have progress to go. I'm embarrassed to say that my fitness consumes my mind throughout the day. I hate it. I hate the feeling of not being 'fit' or not making it to the gym. It's bad.
  2. Reading my Bible 4 times a week. Don't judge. It's seriously harder for me to do this than get to the gym. Which is SO backwards. But I find every excuse in the book to complete prior to sitting down with MY CREATOR to speak to me and be in communication with him- with my undivided attention. (and I don't even have kids yet!)  I'll read little devotionals and blog posts, spend time in prayer, that I try to 'replace' or 'get me by' instead of having QUIET time with Him, giving him the time he deserves. I want this to be the year that I hear from my Jesus and encounter him in a whole new way than ever before.
  3. Blog 4 times a week. I'm terrible at documenting our lives. I do enjoy going back and seeing what happened a few months or even a year ago in our life, and relive the pictures. It's fun! And I hate scrap booking (minus Shutterfly). Eventually this will be a place where anyone can come and see how our adoption process is going. (Insert: virtual raise the roof hands here. SO excited for those days) This also goes hand in hand in just wanting to accomplish CONSISTENCY in my life, following the first two goals- which are far more important, the next goal as well)

    and there's a theme of 4's here...so without further ado....

  4. Ephesians 4:29. This verse says, "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen." I want to be someone who more often, gives compliments, uplifting encouragement, and intentionally thinks how I can better someone's day in that moment. (This also goes hand in hand to watch my mouth in unwholesome talk, gossip, tearing others down, my tone, my words that seep (or ERUPT) out in anger.)

No comments: