Monday, June 4, 2012

I wonder, wonder, what's in a wonder......

Sometimes I wonder.

Sometimes I wonder what my future holds.

Sometimes I wonder what will happen with ____________.

Sometimes I wonder when Jesus will come back. Will it be while I'm driving to work on Interstate-35 and my empty car will drive off the road? (Left Behind books/movie anyone? HA) Or when I'm sleeping? Will he come back during our adoption process and I'll be upset I didn't get to see their faces in real life? (I'm crazy, I know! ha I'm also human.) Orrrrrr, I'm not guaranteed another breath...so who cares about the previous? 

Sometimes I wonder when Beau and I will start our adoption process, like THE date. Tomorrow? ;) April 24th, 2013? February 30th? ha- get it?

Sometimes I wonder what kind of a mom I will be. Will I have the strength and trust in Jesus to know I can break the "mold" or the "cycle"....can I be the best mom in the world? :)

Almost all the time I wonder what our little kiddo faces will look like. Can't wait for that day.

Sometimes I wonder what we'll name our children. Will we keep their African names? or make them middle names? Will we use the ones we've "picked out"? :)

Sometimes I wonder if (God willing- He indeed blesses us) our children will grow up to know and trust the Lord? Will they stray? Will they reject Him? Will they walk the straight and narrow path all of the days of their lives upon receiving His gift? I pray they make that choice.

I all the time pray about and wonder how God will provide for our adoption fund. I think it will be a neat story. Just sayin.

I quite often wonder how I landed a man like Beau. I mean, lets be real.

And sometimes I get lost in wondering how in the world God loved me so much he sent his ONLY son to live on a place like we live- apart from Heaven, then be tormented and humiliated, spit on, beaten, and crucified- for me.

Thank you Jesus. Thank you Jesus for pouring out your grace on me, for forgiving me, for TELLING me to cast all of the above cares and wonders on You- so I don't wonder or worry. You've got it under control. Because you care for me.


Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 
1 Peter 5:7

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?
Matthew 6:25

2 comments:

Megan said...

Haha you are too cute.. "I mean, lets be real." :P

~Sarah~ said...

Ha!! I wonder stuff like that ALL THE TIME :-) Glad I am not the only one, LOL