Sunday, March 8, 2015

What the three of us have going on this week!

Hi!!

Little update from this side of the ocean. 

Getting ready to start a new week! This week we will be having our two IOM (International Office of Migration) appointments. We couldn't do these until we had passports. And we can't go to US Embassy to apply for visas, without the IOM results. My mom is also flying in (yes, to Uganda) on Thursday night. It's going to be great to have an extra set of hands around. I can't wait to pee, shower, get their plates of food, and blow my nose without four feet chasing or clinging to me for 2.34 seconds. : ) Also anxious to see what God does in my mom and I's relationship while she's here. God's had this as a work in progress for the last couple of years. 

Okay, so it will look a little like this:

Tuesday- @7:30am. Although they use the word "appointment" it means come at 7:30, and wait for your name to be called along with hundreds of others. Outside. In 90 degree weather. I have no idea what order they go in to call names. Can you imagine a more fun thing to do with a 15 month old and 3 year old?  
Carver, being over 2 years old, needs a TB test. So he will get that done, and we try not to wash the circle off around it during shower time, and go back Thursday. 

Thursday- @9:00am. Again, same as above! Wait and wait and wait. Most say they've never gotten out of there under 2.5 hours. I can hardly wait. Can you sense my sarcasm? Yes? No? They will read Carver's TB test and then also do both kids' physical exams. 

PRAY: 

* pray the kids' amended birth certificates come in before embassy. They're "set" to be done Tuesday. (It's Africa.) but, it's God! :) 

* ask The Lord to keep any kind of disruptions or cancellations with our appointments, at bay. (Doctors gone, run out of time and have to be rescheduled, etc.) Any, ANY little set back, sets us back almost a week to be home each time. 

* Can you pray, that God is gracious to me, uh, I mean the kids, in that we don't have to wait a "long" time to be seen? Moms, you get me? I don't even know what "long" means anymore. Ha! But if you don't ask, you can't receive. :) 

* Pray that the kids will be calm if any blood needs drawn, if you remember, this was not a pleasant experience when we got DNA testing. And during the wait. 

* Pray that the results from IOM, when we finish on Thursday, get sent to the US Embassy as SOON as possible. 
They say it takes up to 5-7 days for IOM to send to the embassy. (Our friends got an appt three days after they finished IOM!!!! It can be done.)
 
Once the embassy receives them, they give us an appointment! Appointments are ONLY Monday and Wednesdays. We are praying for a MIRACLE, that our document review and exit interview fall on Wednesday, March 18. That would be three days after finishing IOM. GAH.
That would mean, if approved that Wednesday, visas printed 48 hrs later on Friday, March 20. Booking a ticket that night (Friday) or Saturday to come home! (be still my heart. be.still.)

(If not, we have to wait till at least Monday the 23 for an appt, visas on Wednesday the 25th, then come home. Yay for home. Boo! for taking longer.) 

I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE AND BE HOME WITH BEAU.
I CANNOT WAIT TO PARENT IN AMERICA, IN MY OWN HOUSE! 
I CANNOT WAIT TO BE UNDER THE SAME ROOF! AS FOUR. 
I CANNOT WAIT TO BE SURROUNDED AND CLOSE TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY (for support and sanity! I MISS THEM!) 

Ahhhhh! Jesus! Be near! Bring us home! Pave the way! Ahhhh!! 

Kendra, Carver, and Macy!

No comments: