Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ellie Belly....

So I've had a writer's block for a little while. Actually, I've been flooded with things that I've thought about expressing lately- but for now, I'm going to branch off into something that's been floating around the FB world lately. It's called the 30 Day Challenge, and you incorporate a picture with a post- and it's definitely a challenge for me to snap pictures. Guess it will give me some practice for when I'm a mom someday and constantly will be shoving a flash in their face documenting their entire lives- every move. Can't wait!
See what 'blog-surfing' does to me? Especially since they're all African adoption stories...sheesh! 


So my first one is a picture of me and a family member- this is Elliana Grace, one of my cousins from up north! I adore her, absolutely adoooore her. She's the most spontaneous little tom-boy I've ever met. She's the closet thing my aunt Em and uncle Hans had to a 'boy' in the midst of FOUR girls. She loves Legos, Star Wars, dirt, and math. :) AND, she's a doll! I absolutely love when they come visit and when she hops out of the car, or comes running around the corner when we go visit- she's phenomenal.  (except, I think she likes Beau a tad-bit more than me :( ...)
It was Ellie's 8th birthday yesterday, I called her to see how her day was going, she had her favorite PIE, not cake or cupcakes- haha, received every kind of Lego kit you could imagine, and Mario fruit snacks to school I believe. This weekend is her birthday party at the batting cages and laser tag with her friends!
LOVE IT!
Who knew?

On an Easter-egg hunt!

The guitar thing she wanted for Christmas- I think I earned cousin of the year for this gift- she loved it!


 I pray for these girls (Ellie + her sisters) as often as I think of them- that they'll grow up to love Jesus with all of their hearts, and avoid any heartache I ever endured because of my poor choices- and that I can be a role model for them. Incredible how you realize your parents/dad knows what he's talkin' about, huh? 
Never too late!

Proverbs 23:15-16
My son (cousins), if your heart is wise, then my heart will be glad; my inmost being will rejoice when your lips speak what is right.

Happy Birthday El Bel! 

No comments: