Friday, November 18, 2011

Cinnamadness!

I'm sitting on our gigantic, awesome, kooshy, "L" couch as we call it- 
with my handsome man at the other end, his cute little butt sawing logs.


 I've been whispering a lot of "breath prayers" lately to Jesus. 
Thankfulness for my husband is one of them.
Also, for strength and self control- to hold my tongue when it's not helpful, pleasant, encouraging, meant to build Beau Beau up, etc.
And, for a desire- to do things, even acquire a positive attitude and joy in doing things
I DO NOT 
enjoy doing, for the sake of serving and loving my husband. :)
(like dishes. and folding and putting away laundry. PUKE. make that a double puke.)
Doing dishes is 1/2 the reason I hate cooking/baking.
the other half- is because of below..........

I haven't prayed as much for this skill, but I tried tonight. 
I'm addicted to Pinterest. (Thanks a lot Molly almost Kasper)
And because of that addiction ;), I came across a homemade from 
SCRATCH,
CINNAMON ROLL CAKE.
My favorite food in the whole world if I was stranded on an island or in outer space or whatever, would be cinnamon rolls. And since homemade cinnamon rolls are super duper daunting, 
this 'cake' thing, I thought I could master. 
After 2 hours. (Why 2 hours??)
I got a cake outta the ordeal.
I planned to photograph this beautiful epic event- buuuuuuut: 
  • The batter somehow was all thick and creepin and climbin up my poor little brand new mixer. I've never had that happen before. That was annoying. It was like choking the little beaters as it got higher and higher. :) You should SEE my sweatshirt, back splash, and various other victims from the shrapnel from this little shenanigan.
like, WHAT IS THAT?

  • I ruined the first attempt for the top layer of the cake before it went in the oven.  Somehow I mistook the words 2 cups 'softened' butter for, "put the butter in the tupperware, in the microwave, bubbling over, spilling all over the microwave and counter top sizzling-MELTED butter" for the top layer of the cake. Rather than a smooth whatever it wanted. Not to mention, after these attempts I'm only down to one stick of butter for my retry. Rather than the 2 it orginally called for that I ruined. Guest it's half the heart attack it woulda been?? Wasn't a chance I was takin a snap shot of this step.

  •  When the cake finally went in the oven and came back out of the oven- it looked like a volcano mixed with an earthquake that left sink holes. I just don't know how that happens. I follow the directions-- and fail.

  • Anyway, after that, I drizzled the glaze on and mmmm, mmmmm, mmmmmmmm! :) Nuff said.

It was SUPPOSED to look like this: 
 I mean, they're almost replica's right? PAAAAHAHAHA!
It tasted like a cinnamon roll and that's all I cared about. 


Alright, I have to go to bed so I can get up and go to the gym tomorrow.

No comments: